Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Getting closer to having the farm. Less than three weeks to closing, and we might make it if they stop coming up with new fees and taxes we have to pay! Trying to just relax and let it happen and not get too anxious.

Plans for the next year include putting up dog yards and kennels, sheep pens and shelters, horse pens and shelters, fencing the perimeter, and seeding part of the property into grass (it is in alfalfa now).

We have a colt coming around April 21 (our red dun mare, Lexie, bred to grulla stallion Smoky Casey). I am planning on having two lamb crops in the next year: one this fall and one in the spring of 2011. I'm using a Katahdin ram I got from Morgen Magnuson.

Other plans include keeping a female pup from Bird's litter for future breeding to our Killiebrae Dub and possibly breeding Lasca to also have another female that can be bred to Dub. I will have my hands full training and competing with all of them, but that's the spice of life (not to mention the hard work of life).

I continue to dream of having a Gypsy mare that is broke to drive or a team of ponies. Time will tell if that dream comes true.

No comments:

Post a Comment